Fluid Transfer Systems (Hoses)
Fairchild is a world class supplier of fluid transfer systems through a variety of hoses and markets.
Hoses are flexible tubes made from various rubber and synthetic rubber materials, typically reinforced with layers of fabric or wire to provide strength and durability meeting our customer requirements. Hose are used in a wide range of markets, including transportation, construction, automotive, and agriculture.
The purpose of hoses are to transport liquids or gases, supply water to appliances or machinery, and transport air in engines. Polymer hoses are preferred over other materials, such as metal, because they are more flexible, resistant to corrosion and chemical damage, and have good temperature resistance while remaining cost effective. Hoses are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of the surrounding environments, including exposure to heat, cold, vibration, and chemicals. Hose must comply to various safety and performance standards to ensure reliable and safe operation of vehicles.
Fairchild offers a wide range of custom and stock hoses, including:
- Air intake hoses
- Coolant/heater/radiator hoses
- Vacuum hoses
- Air conditioning hoses
- Hydraulic hoses
- Fuel hoses
- Silicone hoses
Fairchild also offers a variety of standard types of hoses, including:
- Straight hoses
- Elbow hoses
- Reducer hoses
- Hump hoses
- Vacuum hoses
- Heater hoses
- Charge air cooler hoses
- Coolant hoses
- Custom hoses
The materials used for hoses depend on the specific requirements of the application, such as temperature range, pressure rating, chemical resistance, and flexibility. Here are some of the commonly used materials for our hoses:
- Nitrile rubber (NBR): Nitrile rubber is a synthetic elastomer with excellent oil and fuel resistance. It is commonly used for fuel hoses, power steering hoses, and transmission cooler hoses.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM): EPDM is a synthetic elastomer with excellent weather and ozone resistance. EPDM is commonly used for coolant hoses, radiator hoses, and heater hoses.
- Silicone rubber: Silicone rubber is a synthetic elastomer with excellent temperature resistance and flexibility. Silicone hoses are commonly used for turbocharger hoses, intake hoses, and vacuum hoses.
- Fluoroelastomers (FKM): Fluoroelastomers are synthetic elastomers with excellent chemical resistance and high-temperature performance. They are commonly used for fuel injection hoses and other high-performance applications.
- Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE): Thermoplastic elastomers are synthetic materials that combine the properties of plastics and rubbers. TPE’s are lightweight, flexible, and easy to process, making them suitable for a variety of vehicular hoses.
In addition to these materials, vehicular hoses may also incorporate various reinforcement layers, such as braids or spirals of synthetic fibers, to provide strength and durability. The materials and reinforcement depend on the specific requirements of our customers application and the operating conditions of the vehicle.
If you are looking for custom or stocked hose solutions please reach out to us so we can see if we can help!
Designed in the USA.
Sourced with our customer in mind.